Occupational Safety and Health Policy
The business success largely depends on safe and healthy work environment. Thus, the aim of AB Linas Agro Group and its subsidiaries (hereinafter – the Group) is to ensure physical, mental and social health of the employees at their workplaces and productive working environment. Occupational Safety and Health Policy of the Group is designed for creating occupational safety culture based on personal responsibility and cooperation within the companies of the Group:
- The aim of the Group is to provide safe and healthy working conditions at the workplaces and to improve them regularly. To this end, the Group shall ensure the safety of the work processes, respond to health risks, hazardous and dangerous factors in the working environment, implement preventive measures and promote any measures helping to maintain health and welfare.
- The approach of the Group to the occupational safety and health of the employees is based on the culture of prevention and dialogue. Prevention first of all means risk management. Accidents, incidents, injuries, occupational diseases, unsafe actions and unsafe conditions can be avoided by analysing work processes and taking proper preventive measures to avoid or reduce the risk. The culture of dialogue means involvement of employees and their constructive participation in ensuring safe and healthy working environment.
- The Group strives to create a business culture, where every employee understands the importance of compliance with occupational safety and health requirements in their daily activity. It strives to ensure the immediate response to health risks and working environment hazards is an important part of the business activity standard of every company of the Group.
- Every employee of the Group shall be personally responsible for his health, comply with occupational safety and health rules and cooperate with the management of the company in taking decisions concerning occupational safety and health assurance (employees may point out the issues and suggest possible solutions).
- The managers of the entities shall show a good example in occupational safety and health assurance. They shall ensure that the employees of the companies have their health checks on a regular basis, promote healthy lifestyle and risk prevention.
- The Group believes that it is crucial to involve all the employees in efforts to reduce health risks and working environment hazards. Thus, the employees are expected to participate actively in creating safe working environment.
- The entities of the Group shall prepare and approve internal procedures for creating safe working environment and for responding to health risks and occupational hazards. They shall ensure that the employees are well aware of such procedures and requirements. They shall also ensure that all the employees are qualified for their positions, also that they are properly instructed and trained to apply safe working techniques.
- The managers of the entities shall implement occupational safety and health procedures required according to the type of activities of the company, provide sufficient resources to ensure safe working conditions, visit workplaces and discuss any occupational safety and health issues of concern with employees.
- The managers of the entities shall identify any potential risks in their company and be ready for potential emergencies/critical situations and accidents.